With over 120 letting agents in Nottingham to choose from it can be difficult to work out who to choose when deciding to let your property.
Some landlords will base their decision purely on price alone and go for the cheapest option, but many people know that if you buy cheap, you buy twice. That couldn’t be more true when it comes to property lettings.
What to look out for
We’ve put together a list of things to look out for when choosing your next letting agent in Nottingham. This should give you the very best opportunity of not only finding tenants quickly but also ensuring they are right for your property:
Look for the agent that genuinely cares
- Make sure the the letting agents in Nottingham you are thinking of working with are local and know the area well. Many online and national agents draft in employees from all over the country. This won’t help when it comes to building rapport with viewers. Being able to point out local schools, transport links and other amenities during viewings can ensure that your property is chosen over others in the area.
- Find an agent that lets you deal with just one person from start to finish. This provides the opportunity to build a strong relationship with you, your property and your tenants. It will also prevent you having to repeat yourself to a different person each time you call. You should also have access to your property managers mobile number so you can reach them directly.
- Find an agent that takes care over the marketing of your property. Good photography and detailed descriptions are proven to get more enquiries (and subsequently more viewings). A larger ‘pool’ of tenant applicants means a better choice for you as the landlord. If you want to find out how your desired agent will market your property simply head over to Rightmove and check out their current listings.
Think about the the money side
- Ask about rent accounting systems. Did you know that some agents only pay their landlords at one point in the month? That means if your Tenants pay their rent on the 1st, you might not get paid until 30 days later. We pay our landlords twice a week, every week, without fail – so you’ll get your money quickly and with a full statement of account. We send these straight to your email inbox. On top of this, we have full client money protection and our accounts are audited by ARLA on an annual basis. This provide additional security for our landlord clients.
- Don’t fall for agents overvaluing your property simply to win the instruction. Unfortunately this is a common trait within the lettings industry. And it can cost you a fortune in void periods and wasted time. We’ll show you a range of local property comparables to back up our valuations. If you opt for our full management service we promise to have an application in place within 2 weeks or you don’t pay a penny in set up fees.
And last but not least…
- Make sure your agent selects the right tenants. Bad Tenants can cost you dearly in eviction fees, damages and lost rent. We won’t just go ahead with the first people that turn up at the door. We know it’s much more important that we ensure tenants are suitable for the property, and visa versa. We’d much rather a property sit empty for a little longer if it means finding the perfect tenants. We know that this pays in the long run.
Final thoughts on letting agents in Nottingham
It can be hard to find an agent that can offer even half of these benefits. Luckily we provide all of them – and more. And that’s why we find ourselves getting great testimonials on an almost daily basis. You can check some of them out here if you want to see for yourself.
If you want to find out what else we can do as letting agents in Nottingham don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call us today on 0115 981 9651.