We gather most of our information via customers visiting our website. We also gather information during telephone conversations, email contact and via property portals such as Rightmove and Spareroom.
There are two types of information we collect. The first is anonymous information. This cannot be tracked back to a specific individual and typically could be statistics of how many visitors log on to and move around our website on a daily basis but would not show names, email addresses or indeed gender of the person visiting the site. At Slater & Brandley we aggregate questions or queries for internal reporting, targeted advertising and to improve the overall service we provide to our visitors. We also collect visitor’s domain names, any referral data (such as the last URL visited before clicking through to the Slater & Brandley website) and browser and platform information.
In our day-to-day operation we may collect:
- Full Names
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
- Correspondence / Other contact addresses
- Date of birth
- National insurance numbers
- Place of work information
- Bank details (for payments to landlords).
Information provided in order to request a free market appraisal is kept strictly confidential between you and Slater & Brandley only and is not shared with third parties without your prior permission unless we feel there is a requirement of law. We may use this information to provide you with ongoing market updates and special offers on the services that we undertake.
Information provided during ongoing contact may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with marketing updates based on your legitimate interest in the services we offer.
- To commence with and process an application for a property using a third party referencing platform, Goodlord. Goodlord will subsequently contact your previous employer(s), previous landlord, credit reference agencies and other relevant parties in order to ascertain your suitability as a prospective tenant.
- To register and protect your security deposit with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS).
- In order to provide energy and media comparison offers, and to update utilities and council tax authorities of tenancy changes via the Tenant Shop Ltd.
- In order to process maintenance works on properties via a range of carefully selected contractors and suppliers. Full details can be provided upon request.
- In order to store information on our client relationship management database operated by VTUK Ltd.
- In order to have documents signed digitally via Docusign.
- In order to set up and manage property inspections via Touchright Software Ltd.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the address below. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate
The Slater & Brandley website utilises cookies. These allow for the storage and retrieval of login information on a user’s system which are often used for internal reporting purposes. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. However, by editing your browser options it is possible to block them in the future.
Slater & Brandley welcome feedback on all areas of the business. Feedback is often provided in the form of suggested improvements to our overall product and service. In particular, we also encourage our customers to provide accounts/testimonials on both our Google listing and Facebook page. Should we wish to use your account/testimonial in our marketing literature we would first seek your electronic or written approval prior to publishing. All feedback
provided remains the property of Slater & Brandley.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Slater & Brandley
55 – 57 Loughborough Road